6TH Annual FREEZE OUT Invitational
PORT O’CONNOR, TEXAS
January 30, 2021
PLEASE NOTE ALL ITEMS IN RED INDICATE A RULES CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEAR
CHECK-IN: 5D STEAKHOUSE - FRIDAY, JANUARY 29, 2021 3:30-4:30
5:00 PM – MANDATORY CAPTAIN’S MEETING (ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT)
TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, JANUARY 30, 2021
WEIGH-IN IS AT 5D STEAKHOUSE – MUST BE IN LINE BY 4:30 PM, SATURDAY, JANUARY 30, 2021
AWARDS, RAFFLE AND DINNER WILL FOLLOW AFTER WEIGH IN @ 5D STEAKHOUSE
FREEZE OUT 2021 RULES
1) TEAM ENTRY FEE OF $1000.00 MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 30th, 2020.
2) TOURNAMENT TEAMS CONSIST OF 1 TO 4 MEMBERS, ONLY ONE TEAM PER BOAT AND EVERYONE IN BOAT IS A TEAM MEMBER.
3) BOUNDARIES: ALLOWED FISHING IS FROM THE EAST END OF WEST MATAGORDA BAY (DIVERSION CHANNEL) TO THE PORT ARANSAS SHRIMP BOAT CHANNEL.
4) NO SHARING OR POOLING OF FISH WITH OTHER TEAMS AND BOATS IS ALLOWED.
5) ALL ANGLERS MUST CARRY A VALID TEXAS FISHING LICENSE WITH A SALTWATER STAMP.
6) THIS WILL BE A LIVE WEIGH TOURNAMENT. There will be no weight deduction for weighing a dead fish, however teams are encouraged to make every effort to weigh live. Teams can weigh-in 3 trout and 1 Slot Red, minimum length 16″. NO TAGGED REDFISH OVER 28” INCHES WILL BE LEGAL IN THIS TOURNAMENT. No more than 1 trout over 25”. Any team bringing in more than 1 trout over 25″ will be disqualified from the tournament, INCLUDING the big fish pot. 1 angler can catch all 4 fish but, he cannot weigh in more than 1 trout over 25″.
7) The weigh master will have the final say on eligibility of any fish brought in to weigh. NO PALE, GILLED OR MUTILATED FISH WILL BE WEIGHED. A TRIMMED TAIL IS A MUTILATED FISH. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE IN WEIGHT, THE LENGTH WILL DETERMINE THE WINNER.
8) All teams must check-in and attend the Captain’s Meeting on Friday January 29 @ 5:00 PM at 5D STEAKHOUSE, Port O’Connor, Texas. If you do not check in, you will be disqualified. IN THE EVENT OF INCLIMATE WEATHER, THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED. DECISION ON WEATHER TO BE MADE BY TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS AND NOTIFICATION WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL. NO REFUNDS
9) All State and Federal Parks and Wildlife regulations will apply at all times.
10) We will be drawing for positions on Friday night. Teams will be released in their drawn position. Any team failing to check-in will be disqualified. Teams will be released in 15 second intervals starting at safe light. All teams must leave the check-in site (Lance’s dock) by boat and return to POC COMMUNITY CENTER for weigh-in. Trailering your boat during tournament fishing hours is not allowed. You may not carry extra gas in boat other than in an OEM gas tank. NO TEAM MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO BEGIN FISHING OR MAKE FIRST CASTS UNTIL 6:45 A.M. BEGINNING JANUARY 30, 2021. THE OFFICIAL CLOCK WILL BE “CELLULAR PHONE” TIME AND WILL BE MONITORED BY THE WEIGH TEAM.
11) This is an INSHORE fishing tournament. Fishing AND TRAVELING outside the jetties or the pass is prohibited.
12) Teams must fish in public waters accessible to public fishermen.
13) This is an ARTIFICIAL LURE only tournament. Scented Baits are allowed.
14) Weigh-in deadline is Saturday @ 4:30PM. At least one member MUST BE STANDING IN LINE BY 4:30 PM SHARP. NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be no sorting or culling of fish once your team is in line with fish for weigh-in. IT IS THE TEAM’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CULL THEIR OWN FISH FOR WEIGH-IN. ONLY 4 FISH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE WEIGH TABLE.
15) Any protests must be filed orally or in writing with the tournament director by the end of weigh-in.
16) There will be a 100 yard rule between tournament boats and fishermen, unless waved in. Passing, on plane, within 100 yards of a wading fishermen is strictly prohibited.
17) Team members must remain within plain eyesight of their partner and boat at all times.
18) Teams may not allow another boat to hold their fishing area for any reason.
19) Any boat that becomes disabled during the tournament may be towed back to weigh-in. Anglers may NOT transfer fish to another boat to be transported to weigh-in.
20) Mutilated or old fish will not be weighed in. Team will be disqualified.
21) Every angler receiving a tournament prize is subject to a polygraph test. Results of polygraph are final. Any person caught cheating will be disqualified and charges will be pressed.
POLYGRAPHS: BY SIGNATURE ON THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ENTRY FORM, EACH CONTESTANT AGREES TO SUBMIT TO A POLYGRAPH TEST AND ABIDE BY ITS CONCLUSION. A MANDATORY POLYGRAPH TEST WILL BE ADMINISTERED TO ONE MEMBER OF THE WINNING TEAM SELECTED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS. NO MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT UNTIL POLYGRAPH TEST IS COMPLETED AND PASSED. THE RESULTS OF THE POLYGRAPH ARE FINAL AND CANNOT BE REVIEWED BY A COURT OF LAW.
22) If you hook a fish, that fish is yours and yours only to fight, land and weigh-in. You may not pass the rod to your partner to fight and land.
23) PRIZES AND AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AT 5D STEAKHOUSE FOLLOWING THE SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER. ANGLER MUST BE PRESENT TO ACCEPT PRIZE.
These rules are subject to change prior to tournament day. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact LANCE ABEL at email@example.com or 281-831-2684.
THE TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY TOURNAMENT ENTRY. THIS IS AN INVITATION ONLY TOURNAMENT.
COMBINED HEAVIEST STRINGER (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)
LARGEST TROUT (1st, 2nd)
LARGEST REDFISH (1st, 2nd)
LARGEST TROUT STRINGER (1st, 2nd)
CALCUTTA IS PER TEAM AND IS CHANGING FOR THE 2021 FREEZE OUT:
$500 - SECURES 50% OWNERSHIP OF YOUR TEAM AND IS MANDATORY
$1000 - SECURES 100% OWNERSHIP OF YOUR TEAM
IF YOU CHOOSE TO SECURE ONLY 50% OF YOUR TEAM, THE REMAINING PORTION OF YOUR TEAM WILL BE AUCTIONED OFF VIA A VIRTUAL, ONLINE AUCTION 1 WEEK PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT. YOU MUST CHOOSE AND PAY FOR WHICH LEVEL OF PARTICIPATION AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION THIS YEAR.
FOR THE VIRTUAL AUCTION, ALL MONIES OWED FOR TEAMS PURCHASED WILL BE DUE BY MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT OF THE AUCTION VIA PAY PAL OR VENMO. MORE DETAILS TO COME PRIOR TO THE AUCTION.
CALCUTTA - 100% PAYOUT
CASH SIDE POT IS $200.00 PER TEAM FOR BIGGEST TROUT 100% payout
CASH SIDE POT IS $200.00 PER TEAM FOR BIGGEST REDFISH 100 % payout
CASH SIDE POT IS $200.00 PER TEAM FOR BIGGEST TROUT STRINGER 100 % payout
*** 2021 POC GRAND CHAMPION POT IS $500 PER TEAM 100% payout
(Highest Combined weight for both the 2021 Freeze Out and 2021 POC Champions Cup)
THE CALCUTTA PAYMENT (50% OR 100%) MUST BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR ENTRY FEE!
CASH SIDE POTS CAN BE PAID IN CASH AT REGISTRATION. No Credit Card payments or Checks accepted at Registration.
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, THE LENGTH OF FISH WILL DETERMINE THE WINNER. AFTER THAT FIRST WEIGH IN TIME.