4TH Annual FREEZE OUT Invitational
PORT O’CONNOR, TEXAS
February 9, 2019
PLEASE NOTE ALL ITEMS IN RED INDICATE A RULES CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEAR
CHECK-IN: POC COMMUNITY CENTER - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8th, 2019 AT 5:00 PM – MANDATORY CAPTAIN’S MEETING TO FOLLOW, DINNER AND LIVE CALCUTTA
TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9th, 2019 - FIRST CAST 6:45 AM
WEIGH-IN IS AT POC COMMUNITY CENTER – MUST BE IN LINE BY 4:30 PM, SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9th, 2019
AWARDS, RAFFLE AND DINNER WILL FOLLOW AFTER WEIGH IN @ POC COMMUNITY CENTER
FREEZE OUT 2019 RULES
1) TEAM ENTRY FEE OF $750.00 MUST BE RECEIVED BY JANUARY 15th, 2019.
2) TOURNAMENT TEAMS CONSIST OF 1 TO 4 MEMBERS, ONLY ONE TEAM PER BOAT AND EVERYONE IN BOAT IS A TEAM MEMBER.
3) BOUNDARIES: ALLOWED FISHING IS FROM THE EAST END OF WEST MATAGORDA BAY (DIVERSION CHANNEL) TO CARLOS BAY.
4) NO SHARING OR POOLING OF FISH WITH OTHER TEAMS AND BOATS IS ALLOWED.
5) ALL ANGLERS MUST CARRY A VALID TEXAS FISHING LICENSE WITH A SALTWATER STAMP.
6) THIS WILL BE A LIVE WEIGH TOURNAMENT. There will be no weight deduction for weighing a dead fish, however teams are encouraged to make every effort to weigh live. Teams can weigh-in 3 trout and 1 Slot Red, minimum length 16″. NO TAGGED REDFISH OVER 28” INCHES WILL BE LEGAL IN THIS TOURNAMENT. No more than 1 trout over 25”. Any team bringing in more than 1 trout over 25″ will be disqualified from the tournament, INCLUDING the big fish pot. 1 angler can catch all 4 fish but, he cannot weigh in more than 1 trout over 25″.
7) The weigh master will have the final say on eligibility of any fish brought in to weigh. NO PALE, GILLED OR MUTILATED FISH WILL BE WEIGHED. A TRIMMED TAIL IS A MUTILATED FISH. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE IN WEIGHT, THE LENGTH WILL DETERMINE THE WINNER.
8) All teams must check-in and attend the Captain’s Meeting on Friday February 8th @ 5:00 PM at THE POC COMMUNITY CENTER, Port O’Connor, Texas. If you do not check in, you will be disqualified. IN THE EVENT OF INCLIMATE WEATHER, THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED. DECISION ON WEATHER TO BE MADE BY TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS AND NOTIFICATION WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL. NO REFUNDS
9) All State and Federal Parks and Wildlife regulations will apply at all times.
10) We will be drawing for positions on Friday night prior to the LIVE CALCUTTA auction. Teams will check-in in their order of drawn position. Any team failing to check-in will be disqualified. Teams will be released in 15 second intervals starting at safe light. All teams must leave the check-in site (Lance’s dock) by boat and return to POC COMMUNITY CENTER for weigh-in. Trailering your boat during tournament fishing hours is not allowed. You may not carry extra gas in boat other than in an OEM gas tank. NO TEAM MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO BEGIN FISHING OR MAKE FIRST CASTS UNTIL 6:45 A.M. BEGINNING FEBRUARY 9TH, 2019. THE OFFICIAL CLOCK WILL BE “CELLULAR PHONE” TIME AND WILL BE MONITORED BY THE WEIGH TEAM.
11) This is an INSHORE fishing tournament. Fishing AND TRAVELING outside the jetties or the pass is prohibited.
12) Teams must fish in public waters accessible to public fishermen.
13) This is an ARTIFICIAL LURE only tournament. Scented Baits are allowed.
14) Weigh-in deadline is Saturday @ 4:30PM. At least one member MUST BE STANDING IN LINE BY 4:30 PM SHARP. NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be no sorting or culling of fish once your team is in line with fish for weigh-in. IT IS THE TEAM’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CULL THEIR OWN FISH FOR WEIGH-IN. ONLY 4 FISH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE WEIGH TABLE.
15) Any protests must be filed orally or in writing with the tournament director by the end of weigh-in.
16) There will be a 100 yard rule between tournament boats and fishermen, unless waved in. Passing, on plane, within 100 yards of a wading fishermen is strictly prohibited.
17) Team members must remain within plain eyesight of their partner and boat at all times.
18) Teams may not allow another boat to hold their fishing area for any reason.
19) Any boat that becomes disabled during the tournament may be towed back to weigh-in. Anglers may NOT transfer fish to another boat to be transported to weigh-in.
20) Mutilated or old fish will not be weighed in. Team will be disqualified.
21) Every angler receiving a tournament prize is subject to a polygraph test. Results of polygraph are final. Any person caught cheating will be disqualified and charges will be pressed.
POLYGRAPHS: BY SIGNATURE ON THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ENTRY FORM, EACH CONTESTANT AGREES TO SUBMIT TO A POLYGRAPH TEST AND ABIDE BY ITS CONCLUSION. A MANDATORY POLYGRAPH TEST WILL BE ADMINISTERED TO ONE MEMBER OF THE WINNING TEAM SELECTED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS. NO MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT UNTIL POLYGRAPH TEST IS COMPLETED AND PASSED. THE RESULTS OF THE POLYGRAPH ARE FINAL AND CANNOT BE REVIEWED BY A COURT OF LAW.
22) If you hook a fish, that fish is yours and yours only to fight, land and weigh-in. You may not pass the rod to your partner to fight and land.
23) PRIZES AND AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AT POC COMMUNITY CENTER. FOLLOWING THE SATURDAY WEIGH-IN. ANGLER MUST BE PRESENT TO ACCEPT PRIZE.
These rules are subject to change prior to tournament day. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact LANCE ABEL at email@example.com or 281-831-2684.
THE TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY TOURNAMENT ENTRY. THIS IS AN INVITATION ONLY TOURNAMENT.
COMBINED HEAVIEST STRINGER (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)
LARGEST TROUT (1st, 2nd)
LARGEST REDFISH (1st, 2nd)
LARGEST TROUT STRINGER (1st, 2nd)
CALCUTTA IS $250.00 PER TEAM (this automatically secures 25% of your team) 100 % payout
CASH SIDE POT IS $100.00 PER TEAM FOR BIGGEST TROUT 100% payout
CASH SIDE POT IS $100.00 PER TEAM FOR BIGGEST REDFISH 100 % payout
CASH SIDE POT IS $100.00 PER TEAM FOR BIGGEST TROUT STRINGER 100 % payout
TO ENTER THE CALCUTTA AND CASH SIDE POTS, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PAYMENT WITH ENTRY FEE!
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, THE LENGTH OF FISH WILL DETERMINE THE WINNER. AFTER THAT FIRST WEIGH IN TIME.